Dynaudio from facelift to 2007 Eos

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Dynaudio from facelift to 2007 Eos

Hello all!

I'm sorry for writing in English but by German is so bad that you probably couldn't understand a thing. I've taken up a project of upgrading my standard sound system (on my 2007 2.0 TFSI Eos) with Dynaudio front speakers and a Match PP82DSP amplifier. I bought the Dynaudio speakers with the original wire looms for the doors but they were from a facelift model. I could sort out most of the wires even though the facelift ones were different than what was in my older model. But there is one connector that I don't know what to do with. In my car I had a connector with part number 3B0 972 734 with six cables attached to it but on the faceelift wire loom it has been replaced by connector with part number 1K0 971 992 A. Things would be simple if the cable colors would match but they don't. On the old I have blue/red, red/purple, green/yellow, purple/yellow, brown/purple and grey/purple. On the new connector the colors are blue, yellow, black, green, white and cream. Would anyone be able to tell me which colors from the old one match the ones on the new one? Or does anyone have any tips on how to figure it out on my own?

Does anyone know of other issues or problems that I may run into in this project? The amplifier has 8 channels and I'm hoping to run the front end active and the rear speakers passive. I don't really know that well what I'm doing so any information or tips are more than welcome. And if you wish to write in German that is fine by me, I can always use Google translate to translate the parts that I don't otherwise understand. Thank you very much in advance!
    • OK, I managed to get the speakers installed after combining parts of the two wiring harnesses and only attaching the tweeters into the original harness. The midranges and woofers I connected directly to the amplifier which gave me the active 3-way front speakers that I wanted. The rear speakers are now ran passive from the two remaining channels on the amplifier but I don't plan on using them that much at all anyway.

The problem I now have is that there are a lot of options for processing the signal on teh Match DSP amplifier. Does anyone know what are the standard low/high pass filters on the Dynaudio system? I'm just thinking that Dynaudio probably spent quite a lot of time making the speakers sound as good as possible and at least the standard setup would be a great place to start. Even after that I still have the channel specific EQs and time corrections to deal with so having a lot of options isn't always that easy. :)